UK Mainland Only
From Cool Chile HQ (W3)
We deliver across Europe, check for prices
1. Cut the skinless, fillets of fish into even 1cm cubes, dice the onion finely and mix with the fish in a non reactive bowl. Squeeze the lime juice and pour on top of the fish and onions. The pieces of fish should be free floating, allowing the lime juice to ‘cook’ the fish evenly. Cover with cling film and place in the fridge.
2. After half an hour check the fish to see if it is done (break open a piece of fish to see if it looks opaque in the middle). If it is not yet done, leave to continue marinate for another 15 minutes before checking again. When it is done, drain the fish of the lime juice.
3. Stir in the tomato, green chilli, cubes of avocado, chopped coriander and salt. The mix should be a good balance of colour. Taste for seasoning – it should be bracing, cold but hot from chilli. Salt helps to balance the lime, so add some, to taste. Refrigerate: it needs to sit for minimum of 15 minutes - 4 hours maximum.
4. Divide the mixture onto the tostadas (about 80-85g on each), and eat with cold beer.
* You can check which fish is sustainable and its alternatives when you go online to The Good Fish Guide, where you can also download an app for your phone.