Chile Ancho, Chile Mulato, Chile Pasilla, Chile Pasilla de Oaxaca, Chile Habanero and Chile Chipolte.
Chile Guajillo, Chile De Arbol, Chile Cascabel, Chile New Mexican Red and Chile Piquin.
- Wipe clean and remove stems and seeds.
- Open out flat and toast briefly in a dry pan on a medium heat until fragrant, then soak in just boiled water for 15 minutes.
- If using wrinkly chiles, drain and blend to a paste with a splash of water before using.
- If using smooth chiles, strain and blend to a paste with a splash of water, then strain through a sieve before using.
- If using a combination of wrinkly and smooth-skinned chiles, follow step 4.